Who we are:
Who we are:
You'll be joining the 6th largest IT Service Provider, present in more than 50 countries. From our roots in Japan, NTT DATA's mission is to facilitate business change and technology transformation across many industries for a better future for our business, people and community. Some of the projects we have supported include the digitising of The Open golf tournament and applying Formula 1 technology to support medical staff at University Hospitals Leicester.
Everything we do is underpinned by our core values of 'Clients First', 'Teamwork' and 'Foresight' and we achieve these by putting people first.
We support and celebrate our differences and preferences, these are what makes us unique. Some of our initiatives, collectively known as “DO Diversity”, aim to create a space for us to learn and get involved in building a truly diverse environment. Our Culture & Ethnicity Network gives our colleagues a platform to share their various backgrounds; Our NINGEN programme allows the new generation of NTT DATA employees around the world to connect and shape the future of our organisation and the “City Gives Back” allows us to support our local community that has been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic...and much more!
What you'll be doing:
Our client is leader in providing cutting-edge Telecoms, Media & Technology and they are looking for a QA Automation Engineer to join their Tech team with some experience in BDD, Automation Testing, Agile (Scrum) and scripting.
- Working in an Agile team, you will be responsible for inputting to the design and build of automated tests to ensure adequate and effective test coverage
- Provide test assurance of the user stories according to the defined acceptance test criteria; whilst working in a test-first environment.
- work closely with Software Engineers to deliver the test activities to meet the requirements, whilst contributing to effective agile delivery.
- regularly participate in estimation activities and are encouraged to identify opportunities to maximise test benefit within the team.
- Provide assurance at team retrospectives and planning sessions to ensure test best practice, continual improvements and appropriate standards are adhered to
- Proactively collaborate with the Front-end development team, understand the design of the Front-end and discussing issues with the developers to better understand requirements and expectations
What you'll need:
- Relevant experience as a QA Automation Engineer
- Experience of building complex test automation frameworks from scratch using Java
- Knowledge of JAVA programming language and OOP (object oriented programming/principles)
- UI tests, automated using EasyRepro.
- Experience in Java and Cucumber is required.
- Expertise in delivering automated test frameworks in a test-first CI/CD environment
- Knowledge of agile methodologies and best practices.
- A collaborative and influential mindset with an ability to communicate at all levels.
- Working with Git repositories and workflows (GitHub would be the primary choice but also GitLab or Bitbucket will be beneficial)
- Exposure to command line and scripting languages for at least one OS (Windows or Linux)
- Good coding skills (SOLID, DI, Design Patterns, etc.)
- Able to unit test the framework built
- Working with repositories (preferably Git)
- Automation experience (Cucumber/Specflow, XUnit, TestNg, etc.)
- Web UI testing experience (different browsers)
- API testing experience
- Rest Assured
- Mobile Web/App testing experience (if the automation skills are good then this is can be a "nice to have")
- Ability to work as part of team or on their own (as we are consultants)
Nice to have
- Mocks and stubs
- Advanced Devops knowledge
- Deep Agile Development knowledge
- Ability to lead projects and design test strategy
The focus on Clients, Teamwork and Foresight is in our DNA and we are looking for someone who shares and embodies these core values, leading by example.
We don't look for finished articles. We look for people who want to continue their career growth alongside NTT DATA’s.
To support your hard work and dedication, we will offer you the following:
A people focused business
Excellent opportunities to grow your career, including an online training platform with 3000+ courses, accessible from everywhere, to sharpen your skills.
A varied client base
…And much more!