Software Development, London
Who we are:
You'll be joining the 6th largest IT Service Provider, present in more than 50 countries. From our roots in Japan, NTT DATA's mission is to facilitate business change and technology transformation across many industries for a better future for our business, people and community. Some of the projects we have supported include the digitising of The Open golf tournament and applying Formula 1 technology to support medical staff at University Hospitals Leicester.
Everything we do is underpinned by our core values of 'Clients First', 'Teamwork' and 'Foresight' and we achieve these by putting people first.
We support and celebrate our differences and preferences, these are what makes us unique. Some of our initiatives, collectively known as “DO Diversity”, aim to create a space for us to learn and get involved in building a truly diverse environment. Our Culture & Ethnicity Network gives our colleagues a platform to share their various backgrounds; Our NINGEN programme allows the new generation of NTT DATA employees around the world to connect and shape the future of our organisation and the “City Gives Back” allows us to support our local community that has been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic...and much more!
What you'll be doing:
In this role, you will be a senior member of the delivery capability, you will be primarily responsible for:
- Documenting and demonstrating solutions by developing documentation, reviewing and delivering code.
- Collaboration with team to brainstorm and create new products
- Constant development and optimisation of the local development environment
- Sketch solutions and prototypical implementation
- Champion the agile development process with the team
- Identification of necessary changes (technologies, tool selection, etc.) in coordination with the Devops Engineers and architects
- Working with architects/designers to ensure design decisions are optimal and can be delivered by the team
- Support developers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities
- Leading implementation of Automation (CI/CD) and test driven development ensuring high levels of automated testing
What you'll need:
In order to be successful in this role, you will have proven experience in and a solid understanding of most of the following:
- Delivering integration micro-service patterns using Java Springboot
- Applying SOLID principles and creating clean code
- Experience working with streaming data (e.g. Apache Kafka) and AWS native messaging/streaming features
- API specification/design and documentation
- Working with SQL and NoSQL data sources such as Postgres and Mongo
- Strong knowledge of the entire software development lifecycle and experience in incremental delivery of software products.
- Experience with DevOps tooling and application hosting services such as:
- Jenkins, Drone, AWS CodeCommit / Pipeline / Deploy
- Atlassian stack, Azure DevOps / Docker / Kubernetes / Function as a Service deployments
- And the tooling used for these, such as
- Azure DevOps
- Atlassian stack
- Strong AWS knowledge and EKS knowledge
- Ideally a Certified Kubernetes Application Developer
Our team believes in hard work. We celebrate each other's success and are always honest with each other to ensure we grow together. We aim to build a strong professional community where each individual can mentor others and be mentored, and can grow professionally through training and support to reach their career goals. Our focus on clients, teamwork and foresight forms our DNA and we are looking for someone who shares and embodies these core values, leading by example.
To support your hard work and dedication, we will offer you the following:
- 25 days of holidays, with the possibility to buy or sell 5 days within your first month
- A MacBook or laptop
- The opportunity, as we grow, to experiment within new industries and technologies in both Private and Public Sectors, including Insurance, Automotive, Financial, Government and more.
- An online training platform with 3000+ courses, accessible from everywhere, to sharpen your skills
- Support for training and upskilling
- Industry leading employer pension contributions
…And much more!