Software Developer (C# & .NET CORE)
Software Development, London
NTT DATA are hiring a Lead Developer to support our media clients broadcasting and on-demand VoD platforms. The developers in the team design, build, deploy and maintain these systems. We aim to be Agile in our approach, and we encourage automated testing and continuous integration.
- Strong C# development skills (ideally with .Net Core)
- Service development using ASP .NET Web API, or WCF
- Good SQL development skills, with a knowledge of database schema design principles
- Practical knowledge of:
- Test Driven Development (TDD)
- An IoC container (e.g., Ninject, Unity)
- ActiveMQ or another message bus
- An ORM (E.g., NHibernate, Entity Framework)
- Continuous Integration
- Domain Driven Design (DDD)
- Distributed systems / web services / SOA
- A solid understanding of Object Oriented concepts
- Experience of building software in an Agile environment
- A thorough understanding of the systems development lifecycle
- Ability both to follow and to produce functional and technical documentation.
- Experience of working in an environment where deliverables cannot be missed, working to tight timescales
- Experience as a provider and consumer of services as part of a distributed architecture.
What to expect:
- Playing a leading role in the Content development team, building new functionality as well as providing support for existing systems.
- Working closely with other key team members - including other developers, architects and system-analysts - to design and implement technical solutions to business requirements.
- Supporting the Tech Lead and other Lead Developers on development initiatives.
- Acting as a mentor and providing guidance to other less experienced developers.
- Playing an active role during the design phase of new code and systems.
- Promoting code quality via techniques such as unit testing and code reviews.
- Maintaining code standards and ensuring new code follows them.
Our team believes in hard work. We celebrate each other’s success and are always honest with each other. When we work together, we are unstoppable. We aim to build a strong professional community where everyone can mentor others and be mentored and can grow professionally through training and support to reach their career goals. The focus on clients, teamwork and foresight are our DNA and we are looking for someone who shares and embodies these core values, leading by example.
To support your hard work and dedication, we will offer you the following:
- 25 days of holidays, with the possibility to buy or sell 5 days within your first month. The opportunity, as we grow, to experiment new industries, such as, Public Sector, etc.
- An online training platform with 3000+ courses, accessible from everywhere, to sharpen your skills
- …And much more!