Software Development, London
SAP MM Consultant
You are an ambitious SAP MM Consultant with a background of working in small projects, continuous improvement and 2nd/3rd line support who wants to work towards developing your career in a Consulting and Projects environment over the next couple of years within a growing business. Looking down the line, you see yourself being involved in implementation projects and know that you can draw upon your naturally client facing, collaborative and solution focused nature to develop your skills and make an impact with both your team and clients alike.
What to expect:
What to Expect
We are a rapidly growing business with a huge investment in SAP and you will be initially looking after the SAP MM for one of our key accounts while working closely with our Head of SAP and the rest of the team.
- Provide 2nd/3rd line support for incidents reported to the service desk in line with SLA when not working directly on project related activities.
- Design & deliver technical/functional solutions against specifications and blueprints in accordance with agreed standards and procedures.
- Complete unit and integration testing of developments in line with agreed processes ensuring completion within allocated timescales.
- Deliver regular release items (problems and requests) understanding business requirements and completing the design, build, testing and deployment of functional components.
- For small projects, report to the Materials Management solution lead to aid delivery of the project scope of work.
- Support the acceptance and implementation of new functional solutions into the production environment ensuring relevant support documentation is available.
- Develop and deliver release notes and key user training for all new or enhanced application functionality.
- Complete detailed solution documentation for functional solutions.
- Provide technical expertise in systems applications within a nominated function.
- Keep abreast of advances of available technologies and best practice to identify and exploit new opportunities.
In terms of experience so far, we’d expect the following.
- Subject Matter Expert for SAP MM Module
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in SAP MM functional Development / Support
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a manufacturing/assembly environment
- Specific knowledge of SAP MM module including:
PR/PO Release Strategy Management
Vendor Returns Management
Sub Contract processing
Direct Material/Indirect/Services Procurement/Purchasing
- Good understanding of integration with other SAP modules.
- Completed at least 1 significant full systems implementation lifecycle
- Completed solution configuration for primary module
- Operated in multi-project, matrix managed environment
- Experience of systems development and project management methodologies
- Understanding of ASAP and experience in delivering solutions within ASAP methodology
- Experience of Manufacturing Industry Support
You are keen to join a great team and move your career over the next couple of years to being a fully-fledged implementation consultant in a tier 1 global technology business.