Project / Programme Management, London
What to expect:
Core responsibilities of the role include (but not limited to):
- Collaborate with the Product Owner to create, prioritise and maintain the product backlog of features
- Facilitate the planning of the customer journey
- Facilitate discussion and facilitate alternatives or different approaches and
- Facilitate the team stand up and sprint retrospective
- Coach less experienced team members to become more agile and ensure they are equipped with the relevant skills and knowledge to allow them to be successful
- Ensure all members of the team are brought into the sprint as and when required
- Support the team in identifying the tasks to be delivered in the sprint
- Ensure the cross team dependencies are understood, solutions are all tracking to a common goal for the programme.
The successful applicant should have the following qualities/skills;
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least two years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices
- Demonstrable experience of iterative, agile development, including incremental delivery
- Delivery driven SM, PM or core delivery experience needed.
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing
- Understand backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, and task definition
- Demonstrable understanding of fundamentals of software development processes and procedures
- Demonstrable understanding of planning, backlog tracking, burn-down metrics, estimation and task definition
- Understand the value of commitments to delivery made by a development team
- Experience of working in a Telecommunications environment desirable
- Must be able to lead and demonstrate value-add principles to a team
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills.
- Must continually be growing ones craft learning new tools and techniques to manage team
- Be passionate about delivering change and building great teams