Business Analyst with SQL experience
Software Development, Berkshire
NTT DATA UK is looking for a skilled Business Analyst with SQL skills and extensive Telecoms industry experience to join our UK team, supporting our established Tier 1 Telco Media clients. At NTT DATA UK, we support our Telco clients across a variety of technology and digital transformation projects by leveraging our unparalleled industry knowledge.
- Data Analysis using a Microsoft SQL Database software installed on a the business server
- Access and Manage a Microsoft SQL Database software for the purpose of constructing a new database schema used by the project team to upload data, manage data, process the data and produce reports and KPI’s through running queries on the database.
- Work with the business and operational stakeholders to capture detailed requirements for the project, the development of the database and the reports required.
- Provide advice and support to project team members on how to convert their expectations documented in requirements into usable reports.
- Convert supplied datasets provided as CSV, Excel or other formats into entries within the database.
- Deploy, configure and maintain software and configuration needed to receive data provided via an interface (e.g. SFTP) such that datasets can be received routinely for automatic upload into the database.
- Assist the project team to ensure the integrity and quality of the data processing process. E.g. ensure data isn’t altered from source to ingest into the database.
- Support business privacy, compliance and security teams to ensure data being stored follows company policies.
- Where possible make backups of the schema and data held within the database.
- Support the projects by supplying data extracts, KPI’s and or access to the data as required to meet the objectives of the project.
- Experience of working as a business analyst in a major consultancy and the ability to demonstrate core consulting values
- An appreciation of telecommunication and media market trends
- An understanding of core telecommunication business processes
- Excellent client facing skills
- Ability to independently drive one’s deliverable sand workstream independently
- Working collaboratively with clients and delivery teams to deliver a first class service
- Experience and understanding of end to end system integration deliveries
- A sound approach to problem solving and adapt rapidly to changing situations as well as customer’s ways of working.
- A very high standards of written, spoken and presentation English.
- Knowledge of the change control process and the ability to analyse change to minimise impact on requirements and implementation
- Proficient SQL knowledge