Technical Support, West Midlands
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced SharePoint Engineer to join the Infrastructure team within our expanding Shared Service Centre based in Birmingham.
The team provides BAU operational support and project delivery across all infrastructure towers to multiple Public and Private Sector customers.
This role will work closely with customers to assist them in both BAU support and the delivery of new infrastructure projects.
- To provide BAU operational support across multiple customer platforms, including health checks and reporting.
- Proactive management of customer environments, identifying potential improvements to deliver increased stability, availability and performance.
- Managing Incidents, Problems, Requests and Changes in line with ITIL best practice and ensuring that SLA’s are maintained.
- To lead the design and implementation of new SharePoint platforms, including the creation of associated documentation (HLD/LLD, support documentation etc.).
- Ensure that customer environments adhere to established standards and frameworks, meeting any compliance requirements at all times.
- Developing strong relationships with other engineers within the Shared Service Centre to provide and share technical issue resolution and knowledge. This will include the responsibility to ‘shift left’, increasing the Service Desk FTF for infrastructure incidents.
- A high level of technical knowledge and experience across IT Infrastructure at an enterprise level, with the ability to contribute to technical strategy, service development and provide innovation.
- Detailed technical knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint and SharePoint Online, gained in a hands-on technical support role.
- Experience of supporting Microsoft SharePoint in virtualised server environments (Hyper-V, VMware) and Public Cloud (Azure/AWS).
- Experience of migrating on-premise SharePoint platforms to SharePoint Online.
- Able to create and develop Powershell scripts as well as the ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex technical problems and incidents.
- Professional certifications in Microsoft Sharepoint Server and ITIL, with experience of working within the framework.
***SC level security clearance is desirable, but not essential. The role will require SC clearance to be obtained, therefore candidates must be eligible.